Now and Then.

Who the...?

Harendra Kapur.
Kyra Mathews.
Tejas Menon.

I was going to blog about something else today, but last night I had dream about my ex-girlfriend. She usually seems to pop inside them now and then. We got back together, and I was the happiest I have ever been in a long time, until I woke up. So for the rest of the morning I sat wallowing in whatever it is I am wallowing in, and in typical fashion I further forced myself into more of that tasteful sorrow, by listening to all the heart-rending songs that I could find. Today I am part a large group of people that seem to have many names some including ‘losers’, ‘the pathetics’ etc.

But I say no! Mostly because I don’t want to be named those things, but I think it is time we celebrate those people! I want to celebrate Romeo and Juliet, I want to celebrate Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, I want to celebrate the doomed lovers, or all the failures. Today should be the opposite of Valentine’s Day (It only shouldn’t because it’s my friend’s birthday and she would hate that). Why did it go wrong? No one knows. But we tried. We should be together, but we aren’t. That is the sentiment. Sorry guys.

There are so many people out there just looking for something. Yes it sounds cliché, but it just shows that people want it so bad and that it’s repeated so often that it has become a cliché. I write all these things and it’s hard, but I hope someone out there can relate, so I feel a little better.

So once again I find myself aimless in the middle of a post, on what I hope comes off as a professional blog. Why do I do these things?

Might as well make a list! Here are 5 songs I’m listening to right now.

Lovefool – The Cardigans. You know how people say ‘the singer is speaking to me’? Yeah, well how about that?
Hanging By A Moment (Acoustic) – Lifehouse. I love this version way better.
Slow Dancing In A Burning Room - John Mayer.
Colours – Amos Lee.
I think this guy is really under-appreciated.
This Never Happened Before – Paul McCartney.

Yup. That’s all.

2 responses to "The Opposite of Valentine's Day"

  1. EY EY EY!
    That is a total misuse of lists! EH!
    But nice post. I'm down with celebrating it today, but you're right she would kick our ass if we did that. How about next month?
    Also, how about celebrating all of us in long distance types?
    WOO!

    Harry

  2. i love dat song lovefool
    its an ost for romeo and juliet with leonardo dicaprio..i listen to it lyk all d time
    cud u play dat sumtimes on d radio?
    plz..i wz gonna make a list of song reqs n put it on ur FB pg n dis song wz on d list!!!
    so WHY DONT YOU EVER PLAY IT YOU FOOL???
    anyway..nice!!

    Arunima Joshua

The All of us.

The All of us.